New York Congressional Representative, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called out the hypocrisy of the tweet from the Washington Redskins taking part in #blackouttuesday. The movement on social media was meant to draw attention to the historical inequities in the United States in response to the murder of George Floyd by police. Ocasio-Cortez pointed out that the team’s calling for racial justice ignores the issues surrounding the very name of their organization.
- Imagining the Indian at the Autry Museum July 14
- Imagining the Indian at the Kennedy Center June 30
- Sacheen Littlefeather Talks About What Really Happened Before, During And After Rejecting Marlon Brando’s Oscar
- ‘Dark Winds’ Review: Murder Most Foul in the Navajo Nation
- ‘Native Mascots do not bring honor to Native Americans’: Mass. students, activists, and Native people want change